Monday, January 31, 2011

Gilles Marin :



A great teacher is a treasure. And Master Gilles is a great and humble teacher.

In my evangelistic manner I tried to share my new experience with Chi Nei Tsang and the Way of the Tao to my 27 year old daughter. I felt her "Too Alternative " shield go up.
How do you communicate information that can transform a life for the better when you just barely comprehend the principle of chi as energy encapsulated with information? and have an innately rambling communications style?

My chance encounter with Gilles began with very practical goal of increasing the effectiveness of stomach massage we were giving clients in the Lymphomania Facial. Yes, stomach massage in a facial, but I am rambling.

I got that and I got much more. I learned about the real source of health. Gilles teaches us to not “fix” clients. Real healing comes from awareness and a change in attitude. So with each illness there is the opportunity of life improvement.
At first, the words “Way of the Tao” sounded both quaint and cliché so I had some resistent to his teaching . But Gilles patiently explained the energy information connection with the physical world we live in and finally the connection of mind body spirit became more than a great concept.

Gilles magically helped us who are not scientifically or mathematically inclined understand the intersection of Einstein’s law of relativity and the Way of the Tao.

Learning is not all mental. Classes are dominated with practice of Chi Kung, meditations that helped us increase our health and to increase our hands abilities to heal and with practice of Chi NeiTsang the touched and massaged of abdominal organs for health and detoxification.


Working too much in the mental realm can take us from the present moment so during class Gilles reminds us to feel the earth and ground before each Chi Kung practice.


The 6 days of classes were as much about our own healing as it was about us learning to heal. as he taught us how to sleep better, increase our Chi, energize our Chakras and of course Chi Nei Tsang theory and practice.
Since my time in San Francisco was limited, I supplemented my studies with treatments from both Gilles and Cynthia to better understand both sides of the treatments.
I come home a much better person/therapist/teacher. This is because ;
  • I spend time to do my practice.
  • I have improved digestion.
  • I am more loving towards those I love and myself.
If you cannot visit him – I recommend you buy his books or CD’s at http://www.chineitsang.com/cnti/Books_and_Media.html
I have his CD’s to help me continue with my Chi Kung practices.
You can also get the following books based on his lessons from Amazon.ca
  1. Healing from Within with Chi Nei Tsang http://www.amazon.com/Healing-Within-Chi-Nei-Tsang/dp/1556433093/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1295796347&sr=1-1
  2. Five Elements six Conditions : A Taoist Approach to emotional, Psychological and Internal Alchemy http://www.amazon.com/Five-Elements-Six-Conditions-Psychology/dp/1556435932/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1295796347&sr=1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment