Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Is your Pancreas Worrying You?



Conventional wisdom says, “You are what you eat.”

But more accurately, my Ayurvedic Teacher Dr. Shanbhag says it is, “You are what you digest.”

But if you really want to get to the root of your digestive problems you need to heed, Chi Nei Tsang Master, Gilles Marin, who takes us deeper into the significance of our organs of digestion. The stomach and pancreas are organs of Earth Energy. Earth energy within in us creates a sense of stability and when in balance can strengthen the function of our other organs and when in imbalance can amplify their dysfunction.

According to Master Marin in his book, “Healing from Within with Chi Nei Tsang” he tell us that, “Symptoms are usually an attempt from disregarded parts of ourselves to be heard: alarm signals telling us to pay attention to very personal needs.” Pg 53 “Chronic symptoms are generally a sign a part of ourselves has been repeatedly shut out, isolated and /or mistreated to the point of dissociation, breakdown and revolt.” Pg 55 “Symptoms that appear unrelated very often are different expressions of the same meaning. pg 56

When things are not well with these Earth organs, more than poor nutrition occurs. Symptoms start in the skin first. Congested skin can be the first signs of poor digestion.

As symptoms intensify; acne, rashes, and wrinkles can appear around the mouth. Evidence that I have pancreatic issues is seen on the corners of my mouth. At times it is a inflamed eczema and at other time a dark almost black pigmentation.

You can also experience nausea, hiccups, acid reflux, bloating and tightness in the abdomen. Many of us have large bellies due to gas and bloating and not over eating. Your appetites can also become dominated with cravings.

With poor digestion, you can also experience mental muddiness, blurry eye sight, gum disorders and negative emotions like anxiety, insecurity, worry and a sense of disconnection.

So while detoxification by other means like fasting and herbs can be helpful, Chi Nei Tsang can also help you begin to listen to your body.

When Earth energy is balanced you feel secure and become more in touch with yourself. This leads to spontaneous, sharing behavior, fair mindedness and the ability to be in harmony with others.

And you will notice your Earth energy in flux when you start to become obstinate, possessive, disconnected and envious. You will find your other negative traits like worry or insecurity more pronounced.

Clammy hands are a symptom of unbalanced Earth energy becoming stuck in the body’s extremities.

Problems with the stomach and pancreas can be varied and complex. I recommend you find a good naturopath or TCM to start you on your way to recovery. I found that it starts with eating a diet that is best for you. This would be a diet that includes foods that increase your energy and immunity and avoiding foods that you are allergic to and foods that inflame your organs.

We are fortunate, at least in the major cities, as people no longer react negatively to people who do not eat what is considered a “normal” diet.

Supplement stores have much that can help improve the functioning of our digestive organs. But without understanding the root cause of our uncomfortable symptoms we can purchase digestive enzymes, probiotics and other expensive supplements with little real results.

After over 40 years of poor digestion, I have found good results with changes in diet and in some physical therapies like massage and exercises like yoga and meditation. But since my symptoms of bloating, indigestion, acidic stomach persisted, I discovered the ancient and little known healing of Chi Nei Tsang.

While Chi Nei Tsang is an overall healing for the whole person using mainly Abdominal Organ Massage, it an ideal healing method for those of us with digestive problems.

The abdomen’s organs do more than digest food- they also digest emotions and thoughts and I am amazed at how much my organs can teach me about myself.

My first appointment I learned that my inability digesting thoughts and emotions were being reflected in my congested pancreatic/stomach area and my indecision in choosing what was beneficial for me caused the constipation in the left descending colon.

Because Khadro, had to go to Australia to teach Chi Nei Tsang for a couple of weeks, I have enough time to practice sorting out things in my life and in the basement of my house. Yes, I practiced making choices.

My second appointment taught me more. My poor digestion is due to the congestion in the triangle area where my ribs meet but also the area where the ducts of the liver and pancreas deliver digestive enzymes and bile to the stomach and small intestines to digest food.

While my digestion has improved I have much to improve in making clear judgements in my daily life. To supplement my mental and emotional growth, I am using my Tummy tool to massage the diaphragm area concentrating in the triangular area to help keep the ducts of the pancreas and liver clear so that the digestive enzymes and juices are able to get to my stomach.

So I am finally touching my pancreas which was the inital goal that instigated this journey with Chi Nei Tsang.

2 comments:

  1. These are small books, so you can begin building
    bastions and deploying cannons. As a low-level thug in the Third Street Saints, you'll do whatever it takes to complete your mission, but get out alive. You are missing out if you haven't
    already subscribed yet, subscribe now for free weekly Infochachkie articles!


    Here is my web site: ben ten video games

    ReplyDelete